as mentioned in my previous post, i received a $300 cheque from an anonymous donor last night.
this morning, i received a $100 cheque from Liza Cheung (my officemate/friend). i also received a call yesterday from our former hsbc account manager that she will be sending a cheque.
with all this help pouring in, it really warms my heart that there are a lot of people really willing to help and share their hard-earned money.
i've decided that instead of the initial plan to send the money on monday, oct 5, i will send all the funds collected on tuesday, october 13. i moved the date because i am still waiting for some donations that are promised to be given next week. also, i will be in winnipeg beginning monday until friday, oct 9.
for those who want to send their donations by mail, you can send it to me at 17-3711 Robson Crt., Richmond, BC V7C5T8. please send me an email after you mail the cheque so i'll know what to expect. everything will be monitored and accounted for.
i was advised by malou that it wasn't easy as i initially thought in depositing or transferring your donations to the account i set up mainly because PC (president's choice) does not operate the same as the other banks. apparently, there will be charges involved and over the counter deposits are not possible. (i should have known this before hand!) So, the leaves us just two options, either you write a cheque with my name on it or hand me (or malou or to my friends and relatives) the cash. once we received the money, it will posted in the spreadsheet and will be posted in this blog/website. if you don't see your donations here, please send me an email at email@example.com or call me at 778 837 1815.
so everyone will be appraised of how are we proceeding with this, below is the step by step plan that we set out to do:
1. raise awareness for the fund-raising;
2. set-up the bank account and create a website/blog to document and monitor the progress;
3. prepare a spreadsheet for all donations received;
4. make a regular updates on the progress;
5. set a deadline for donations and the remittance date of the funds to the Philippines;
6. discuss with the group of friends (it is you - janet, sharon, TJ, claire, karen, chichi and jojo) on who will be the recepient of the relief goods;
7. send the money to the philippines - Janet and/or Sharon will be the named recepient of the funds;
8. the group (my friends in the Philippines) will do the buying of relief goods - canned foods, clothing, water, and other necessities;
9. the group will discuss and identify the location where the relief goods are to be distributed;
10. pictures or videos will be taken to document the relief operations
11. receipts and list of expenses will be presented and accounted by the group.
12. we will post the pictures and the accounting of all donations in this blog/website.
again, thank you very much for all your support!!!
God Bless Us All!!!